Tourist arrivals in Split at record high despite rental property owners claiming drop in demand

Split (Photo: Spencer Davis)

SPLIT, 8 July 2019 – Whilst rental property owners on the Dalmatian coast have been complaining recently about a drop in demand, statistics reveal that tourists arrivals in 2019 in Split are at a record high, Slobodna Dalmacija reported.  

“In the first six months of the year, a total of 325,456 people visited Split, which is 11% more than last year. 848,235 overnights were recorded in that period, which is 14% more than last year. According to data from the eVisitor system, Split is at the top for growth in tourist traffic for the preseason this year,” Alijana Vuksic, Split Tourist Board director said. 

Vuksic added that the most numerous visitors to Split over the winter and spring were from America, with a rise of 17% more than in the same period last year. In second place were tourists from the UK, with 7% more than in 2018. Next were tourists from Germany, France, Australia and Canada, whilst there were 53% more tourists from China this year compared to last year. 

In June this year, Split recorded growth in tourists arrivals of 10% with 130,391 visitors. Overnights were up 13% to 363,516. Once again, tourists from America led the way with 18,705 arriving last month, up 11% from last June. Next were tourists from the UK (16,755), which was growth of 9%. A total of 8,062 Germans visited Split in June, up 26% from June 2018, whilst there were 35% more tourists from France this June. 

“This structure of guests confirms that Split has found its place among the plans of the most selective international traveller and this year Split is connected with flights to over 100 destinations in Europe with 50 airlines flying to Split,” Vuksic concluded. 

0 / 5 (0 votes)

You need to enable JavaScript to vote

Sign up to receive the Croatia Week Newsletter

Source:Croatia Week